Find our latest resources for children ages 4-11 years below…
Jubilee Champions Service
May 31st – Emoji Prayers – Heart eyes face.
We are continuing with our emoji prayers this week. We are going to be learning how to pray and thank God for our families, friends and those that we love.
Love Jubilee Kids
Please click on the link below and enjoy the service.
Overview of Today’s Lesson
Main Point: Thank God for your family.
Bible Story: Genesis 45:1-15, Joseph Reunites with His Brothers
Memory Verse: “At all times, pray by the power of the Spirit. Pray all kinds of prayers. Be watchful, so that you can pray. Always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” Ephesians 6:18
Summary: Thank God for your family and those who love you. Joseph thanked God for the chance to be reunited to his family, whom he loved.
We encourage you to discuss the bible story with your child/children and encourage them to answer the questions. Please pray with your child/children at the end of the discussion time.
Bible Discussion Time
Icebreaker: What is one thing you have learned about love from your family?
- Who was Joseph? Joseph was the second in command of all Egypt. Pharaoh, the ruler of Egypt, appointed Joseph to be second in command when he predicted that the country would suffer a famine. He was Jacob’s son.
- Why was Joseph so happy to see his family? He had not seen them for many years.
- What did Joseph’s brothers do when they realized it was him? They were scared at first, but were overjoyed to see him.
- Who are the special people you call family?
- What is one thing you can do to show you are thankful for them this week?
“At all times, pray by the power of the Spirit. Pray all kinds of prayers. Be watchful, so that you can pray. Always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” Ephesians 6:18
Try saying the verse together and test each other throughout the week (children you can test your parents!)
Close in Prayer :
Thank you for our families.
In Jesus’ name,
During the Week :
HANGING OUT: Make this week’s lesson real: Talk to your kids about family members who have meant a lot to you. Why are you thankful for those individuals?
Here are some great discussion starters:
– What did Joseph’s brothers do to him?
– Why was Joseph still thankful for his family?
– Why do we need to tell God we are thankful for our families?
Quiz your child on this week’s memory verse:
“At all times, pray by the power of the Spirit. Pray all kinds of prayers. Be watchful, so
that you can pray. Always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” Ephesians 6:18
What you need to know: Take some time this week to thank God for your family – for the one you grew up in, and the one you have now. Share some of the reasons you are thankful for family with your children, and pray with them to thank God for those blessings.
Create a craft of your families by cutting out shapes of paper or card to make each of the people in their family at home. Pets, close friends, and extended family are of course welcome!