Our vision is to reach and influence the world for Jesus by building Christ-centred, Gospel driven, Spirit-filled churches that empower people to become leaders, winners and influencers in every sphere of life for the glory of God.…It’s All About Jesus!
Senior Pastor, Tope Koleoso
Pastor Tope Koleoso has been the lead Pastor for Jubilee Church London since 2005, having joined a church planting team in 1995 that planted our first London church. Tope cares deeply for God’s church and is passionate about equipping other pastors for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom.
Our Statement Of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is the Holy Scriptures and God’s revelation of himself to humanity. That the Old and New Testaments were inspired by God, therefore are inerrant, infallible and the absolute authority for faith and life. [Deut.4:1-2; Psalms 19:7-11; 119:89,105,160; 2Tim. 3:16-17; 2Pet.1:20-21]
- We believe that there is one true and living God who is the Creator of all things. That God is one in purpose, agreement, and essence and that He revealed himself distinctly in three persons as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and each person of the Triune God is fully God. That God exists only as Trinity both eternally and in creation and acted only as Trinity in the work of salvation. [Gen. 1:26; Deut. 6:4; Isa. 6:8; Mt. 28:19; Mk.1;9-11; John 14:26; Acts 10:38; 1Cor. 12:4-6; 2 Cor. 13:14; Eph. 4:4-6; 1Pet. 1:2]
- We believe that God the Father is the first person of the divine Trinity and of the same essence with the Son and the Holy Spirit. He is eternal, transcendent in wisdom, love, and power, yet personal and caring Father to all who have faith in the Son, Jesus Christ. [Gen. 1:26; Deut. 6:4; Isa. 64:8; Jer. 10:10; Mt.6:9; 7:11; 28:19; Mk. 1:9-11; John 5:26; 14:6]
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God who became human, without ceasing to be fully God. That he was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, to reveal God and redeem sinful humanity. That he lived a perfect human life and died a vicarious death on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for sin. That he guaranteed human redemption by his literal physical resurrection from the dead and offers forgiveness and salvation to those who believe in him. That he ascended into heaven to the exalted position at the right hand of God the Father and that he will come back as judge at the end of the age. [John 1:1- 4; 17:24; 20:27-28; Heb. 1;1-10; 1John 2:1]
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity and that he is of the same essence with God the Father and the Son. That he is the supernatural agent of the Triune God in the work of creation, salvation, and sanctification. That the Holy Spirit empowers believers to live for Christ and demonstrate his power in the world. [Psalms 139:7-8; John 14:26; Acts 5:3-4; Ro. 8:27; 1 Cor. 3:16]
- We believe in Salvation by grace alone apart from any human merit or works through faith in Christ alone. That salvation is graciously given by a sovereign God to unworthy person conditioned solely upon faith in Jesus Christ and the finished work on the cross. That the offer of salvation is given freely to all by God but experienced only by those who accept this offer through repentance of sin and personal faith in Christ. [John 3:16; Eph. 2:8-10; 1 Tim. 2:4; 2 Pet. 3:9; 1 John 2:2]
- We believe that Sin is rebellion and transgression against God and separates us from God and his purposes. That repentance of sin is a pre-condition for forgiveness of sin and reconciliation with God. That every sin is offensive to God but will be forgiven by God upon repentance. [Gen. 3:1-19; Exo. 20:1-17; Psalms 14:3; Rom. 3:23; 6:23; 1 Cor. 15;3;1 John 1:8-9]
- We believe in Water Baptism by immersion in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. That it is commanded by Christ after conversion as a public demonstration of a personal faith in Christ. [Mt. 28:19-20; Acts 2:41; 8:35-39; Rom. 8:4]
- We believe that Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a distinct experience of the Holy Spirit empowerment of the believer for living and service. That speaking with new tongues is an evidence, not the evidence of being filled with the Holy Spirit. We believe that the Holy Spirit gives gifts of service to the believer and that these gifts are operational in the church today. [Joel 2:28-29; Mt.3:16; Lk. 3:16; 24:49; John 7:37-39; Acts 1:8; 2:1- 4; 3:38-39]
- We believe that The Church is the body of Christ on earth and the only qualification for membership is personal faith in Jesus Christ. That the New Testament clearly defines the establishment of the local church as the gathered community of God’s people in each place. The primary purpose of the local church is to minister to God and the members and to serve God’s purposes in the world. That Church membership precedes the making of disciples and social action. [Acts 13:1- 4; 14:27; 20;17, 28-32; Rom. 16:1,4; 1 Cor.12;12-14; Eph. 1:22-23; Titus 1:5-11; James 3:9; 1 Peter 5:1- 4]
- We believe that Man is created by God, of his sovereign will, in his own image for his glory. That man was created male and female; therefore, gender is part of the goodness of God’s creation. That the image of God in man is the basis of human personhood and every person regardless of race, colour and dispositions is conferred dignity by God and therefore worthy of acceptance, respect, and Christian love. [Gen. 1:27-28; 2;7, 18-22; Isaiah 43:7, Acts 17:26-31]
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all persons after death. That those who are saved through faith in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in a literal Heaven and those who reject God and the gospel of Christ in this life will spend eternity in everlasting punishment in a literal Hell. [Isaiah 65:17; 66:22; Mt.6:9; 25:34,41; Mk. 9:48; Lk. 16:28; 1 Thess. 4:15; 1 Peter 3:22; Rev. 14:10-11; 21:2-3]